Saint Benedict the Moor Book of Prayers
We've scoured old prayer books and obscure historical and liturgical sources to put together this unique collection! It features traditional commemorations, litanies, novenas, and other devotions of black Catholics in the United States and the diaspora. Most of these prayers go back over a hundred years and are gathered in one place for the first time ever. Deepen your spiritual life with these classic devotions while celebrating the unique contributions of African Americans to the universal Church.
July 2018 ~ 26 pages ~ booklet ~ 5.5" x 4"
* Vespers from the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin, featuring "Hail Happy Queen", the hymn of the Haitians of Philadelphia (1791).
* Devotions of the Society of St. Joseph (Josephites), including the Thirty Days' Prayer to St. Joseph and a Prayer for Vocations
* The Storm Novena of St. Benedict the Moor Mission of Milwaukee
* The Litanies and Novenas of Sts. Benedict the Moor and Martin de Porres
* Indulgenced Prayer to St. Martin de Porres
* The Litany of St. Peter Claver--a favorite devotion of the Knights of St. Peter Claver
* Commemorations of St. Iphigenia and King St. Elesbaan of Ethiopia from the Divine Office