Saints of Ancient Africa
This unique little prayer book is dedicated to those saints of Roman Africa that are commonly venerated throughout the English speaking world—Cyprian, Perpetua and Felicity, Cyril of Alexandria, and the Three African Popes. Some prayers have never appeared in English before. Included is a hymn from the Mozarabic Rite and a litany composed by the indefatigable champion of the African Church, Cardinal Lavigerie, whose work was greatly admired by Daniel Rudd and the members of the Afro-American Catholic Congresses. All ye saints of Africa, pray for us!
January 2019 ~ 20 pages ~ booklet ~ 5.5" x 4"
* The Little Office of Saint Cyprian (new!)
* Commemoration of St. Cyprian from the Office of Algeria
* Litany of St. Cyprian (new!)
* Mozarabic Hymn to St Cyprian
* Commemoration of Saints Perpetua and Felicity
* Ancient Prayer from the Acts of Saints Perpetua and Felicity
* Commemoration of St. Cyril of Alexandria
* Commemorations of the Three African Popes: Victor, Gelasius, and Miltiades
* Litany of the African Saints, adapted from one composed by Cardinal Lavigerie for the Cathedral of Carthage